1. Matthew’s full name is Matthew Langford Perry and he has four younger sisters and one younger brother.
2. The name Chandler is actually named upon an archaic trade. A candlemaker was called Chandler.
3. Chandler was never a first name before F.R.I.E.N.D.S aired.
4. Chandler was written as a character who was really awkward around women because Perry told producers that he himself was.
5. He is the youngest among cast members of Friends.
6. Matthew Perry was very close to turning down the role Chandler Bing on Friends because he was on a Pilot for a show called LAX 2194.
7. Matthew Perry’s top part of his right middle finger is missing because his grandfather accidentally closed a car door on his finger.
8. His mother, Suzanne Marie Morrison is a Canadian journalist and former press secretary to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau and his father, John Bennett Perry is an American actor and former model.
9. Matthew Perry spent his childhood in Canada after his parents got a divorce. Now there is a similarity between him and Chandler!
10. Matthew’s wit is so amazing that directors often used his gags and suggestions on the show.
11. Matthew became part of a video game when he voiced one character in the game Fallout New Vegas.
12. He was ranked nationally in junior tennis in Canada.
13. Matthew’s favorite beverage is Sugar-Free Red Bull.
14. Mathew doesn’t remember most of the part of Friends that includes Phoebe’s surrogacy, Ross and Emily’s marriage, Monica and Chandler in Vegas due to his drug addiction.
15. Perry completed a 28-day program in 1997 for Vicodin addiction. His weight fluctuated immensely over the next few years and once dropped down to 145 pounds. Well, this explains the sudden transformation of Chandler in season 7.
16. His father, John B. Perry, was a guest star on FRIENDS who played the role of the father of Rachel’s boyfriend Joshua in “The One With Rachel’s New Dress.”
17. “Friends” (1994) castmate Jennifer Aniston offered to be his personal trainer after he received threats from bosses Warner Brothers about his increasing weight problems.
18. Friends earned him Emmy nominations in 2002 for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series along with Matt LeBlanc, but he lost to Ray Romano.
19. He asked that his name be removed from the Best Actor in a Comedy Emmy list. “Friends” (1994) co-stars have all agreed that they would only be nominated in supporting roles.
20. He was the only person among six main leads who was allowed to sit with the writers of FRIENDS. One of the most shocking facts about Matthew Perry.