The Simpsons, probably one of the most successful show, and confirmed longest-running primetime TV show ever in the US, was created by two Mathematicians from MIT. The show has 30 seasons till now and isn’t ready to stop at all! It’s a success story which nobody has ever seen before.
Anyway, on an average, The Simpson has an episode of 22 minutes which contains 3–4 events as plots during each episode. By that calculation, it covered over 1800–2400 events during its run. Out of which, most of them are very common and can be seen around in daily life. Some of the famous predictions are :
- Simpsons predicted the famous Siegfried and Roy tiger attack.
Simpsons predicted that a friendly white tiger would attack two brothers when they perform in a show. The episode was telecast in 1993 and the Siegfried and Roy tiger attack happened in 2003.
2. Simpsons predicted Facetime in 1995
Even before the internet became essential, The Simpsons telecasted an episode featuring Homer Simpson speaking with his wife visually. Apple introduced Facetime in 2010.
3. The Simpsons predicted faulty voter machines used in the 2012 US presidential elections
When Homer tries to vote for Barack Obama, the vote falls to John McCain. The incident turned out to be true in the elections of 2012 where Mitt Romney was the competitor for Barack Obama.
4. The Simpsons predicted the mass of Higgs Boson particle and thus discovered the existence of the God’s particle:
In the episode “ The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace” aired in 1998, Homer Simpson is an inventor and is shown to be solving an equation. That equation predicts the nano mass of Higgs Boson which was discovered in 2012.
5. The Simpsons predicted the NSA spying scandal:
In 2007, The Simpsons predicted that US people are being spied by the NSA. In that episode, Marge Simpson says to her daughter that the government does not listen to anybody’s conversation. At that time a humanoid seems to record the information. The NSA spying scandal was revealed in 2013.
6. The Simpsons predicted the possibility of Outbreak of Ebola virus in America:
The Simpsons telecasted in 1997 about the Ebola virus which was not popular till the 2013 Ebola virus Outbreak in America
7. The Simpsons predicted the FIFA corruption Scandal:
In March 2014, The Simpsons predicted the FIFA Corruption Scandal which was actually found out in 2015. They also predicted the finals of World Cup 2014 and the possibility of future world cup being held in a desert. The desert is Qatar where the 2022 world cup is going to take place.
8. The Simpsons predicted Disney’s take over of 20th Century Fox:
Predicted in 1998 and happened in 2017
9. The Simpsons predicted the 9/11 attack:
This one might be a coincidence but the 9$ and the silhouette of the World Trade Center resembling 11 gives an eerie feel.
10. The Simpsons predicted the Syrian uprising:
The Syrian uprising was also talked about in the Simpsons way before it already happened.
The Simpsons also predicted the 3 eyed fish from the Japanese nuclear waste, Lady Gaga Superbowl show, The shard in London, Smartwatches and many other events.